Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/21 16:38:53 UTC

Removal of graduated and obsolete web-site files

There are quite a few web-sites still under /www/incubator.apache.org/
that are for graduated podlings, as well as a few sites marked 'old':

For example:

467     ./old-activemq
130790  ./activemq

drwxrwsr-x  34 apbackup  incubator  445 Feb  6  2007 activemq
drwxrwsr-x   5 apbackup  incubator   20 Jan 27  2006 old-activemq

There are redirects in place for the graduated podlings, so (for
example) the activemq pages are not accessible via HTTP, only as files
on minotaur.
However the 'old' directories can be accessed if one knows their name.

It seems to me that these obsolete directory trees should be deleted.
If so, I'm happy to do so (I would need unix incubator karma)

Re: Removal of graduated and obsolete web-site files

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 3:38 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are quite a few web-sites still under /www/incubator.apache.org/
> that are for graduated podlings, as well as a few sites marked 'old':
>
> For example:
>
> 467     ./old-activemq
> 130790  ./activemq
>
> drwxrwsr-x  34 apbackup  incubator  445 Feb  6  2007 activemq
> drwxrwsr-x   5 apbackup  incubator   20 Jan 27  2006 old-activemq
>
> There are redirects in place for the graduated podlings, so (for
> example) the activemq pages are not accessible via HTTP, only as files
> on minotaur.
> However the 'old' directories can be accessed if one knows their name.
>
> It seems to me that these obsolete directory trees should be deleted.

+1

> If so, I'm happy to do so (I would need unix incubator karma)

+1

Robert