Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Michael Fiedler <mi...@gmx.de> on 2013/11/04 18:21:37 UTC

How to update a template published on templates.openoffice.org

In december 2012, I uploaded a letter template[1] on
http://templates.openoffice.org/. In the mean time, I have improved it
and would like to update the one on the website. However, I cannot find
a button for doing so. What's the way to achieve this task?

  [1] http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-mit-empfangeranschrift-im-0

Michael Fiedler

Re: How to update a template published on templates.openoffice.org

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@slashdotmedia.com>.
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Michael Fiedler
<mi...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> Am Montag, den 04.11.2013, 18:29 +0100 schrieb Roberto Galoppini:
>> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Michael Fiedler
>> <mi...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> > In december 2012, I uploaded a letter template[1] on
>> > http://templates.openoffice.org/. In the mean time, I have improved it
>> > and would like to update the one on the website. However, I cannot find
>> > a button for doing so. What's the way to achieve this task?
>> >
>> >   [1] http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-mit-empfangeranschrift-im-0
>>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> We're working on a new version of the Templates website that will
>> allow you to do so, in the meantime feel free to send me privately the
>> new version and I'll make sure to make it.
>
> I have attached three numbered files for templates [1], [2] and [3].
> Moreover, the duplicate template [4] can be deleted.
>
>   [1] http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-mit-empfangeranschrift-im-0 (file 9070)
>   [2] http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-mit-empfangeranschrift-im (file 9068)
>   [3] http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-im-latex-stil-mit (file 9058)
>   [4] http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-mit-empfangeranschrift-im-1 (file 9830)

Done, let me know if everything works on your side as expected.

Roberto

Posted by Michael Fiedler <mi...@gmx.de>.
Hi Roberto,

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@slashdotmedia.com>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 06:21:37PM +0100, Michael Fiedler wrote:
> In december 2012, I uploaded a letter template[1] on
> http://templates.openoffice.org/. In the mean time, I have improved it
> and would like to update the one on the website. However, I cannot find
> a button for doing so. What's the way to achieve this task?
>
>   [1] http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-mit-empfangeranschrift-im-0

This thread might give a hint:
http://markmail.org/thread/jb5zvymc7ek2lubr

You have to contact communityteam@sourceforge.net or Roberto Galoppini
directly, here on Cc.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: How to update a template published on templates.openoffice.org

Posted by Dave Barton <db...@tasit.net>.
Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> On 04/11/13 18:58, Michael Fiedler wrote:

> [cut]
>

> Is this a good start?
>>> http://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/guide
>>
>> Unfortunately, it is not. The guide only explains the process of
>> uploading a *new* template. My problem is to *update* an already
>> existing template. (Using this upload guide produces a duplicate
>> template entry on the website)
>
> If I understand you correctly, you want to upload a modified template
> and destroy the original? Don't you think the original author might have
> a view about this attack on his work? It's also possible that you could
> breach his licensing terms by this act.
>
> Why don't you contact the author and establish his views?

Peter, if you check the template Michael is the original author. He just
wants to update his own template with what he considers to be an
improved version.

Regards
Dave

Re: How to update a template published on templates.openoffice.org

Posted by Peter Hillier-Brook <ph...@hbsys.plus.com>.
On 04/11/13 21:38, Michael Fiedler wrote:
> Am Montag, den 04.11.2013, 20:07 +0000 schrieb Peter Hillier-Brook:
>> If I understand you correctly, you want to upload a modified template
>> and destroy the original? Don't you think the original author might have
>> a view about this attack on his work? It's also possible that you could
>> breach his licensing terms by this act.
>>
>> Why don't you contact the author and establish his views?
>
> As I already stated in my first mail, I want to update a template that I
> uploaded by myself and that I have improved since then. So I am the
> original author of the template I want to update.

I'm very sorry for missing that crucial information. It's hard to
believe that Apache and/or Oracle/Sun before them think that the
template management is satisfactory. A bug report might elicit some
useful response.

Best wished.

Peter HB

Re: How to update a template published on templates.openoffice.org

Posted by Michael Fiedler <mi...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Peter Hillier-Brook <ph...@hbsys.plus.com>.

Posted by Michael Fiedler <mi...@gmx.de>.
Am Montag, den 04.11.2013, 19:58 +0100 schrieb Michael Fiedler:
> m Montag, den 04.11.2013, 18:00 +0000 schrieb Peter Hillier-Brook:
> > On 04/11/13 17:21, Michael Fiedler wrote:
> > > In december 2012, I uploaded a letter template[1] on
> > > http://templates.openoffice.org/. In the mean time, I have
> improved it
> > > and would like to update the one on the website. However, I cannot
> find
> > > a button for doing so. What's the way to achieve this task?
> > >
> > >    [1]
> http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-mit-empfangeranschrift-im-0
> > >

> > > Michael Fiedler

> > > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@openoffice.apache.org
> > >

> > Is this a good start?
> > http://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/guide
>
> Unfortunately, it is not. The guide only explains the process of
> uploading a *new* template. My problem is to *update* an already
> existing template. (Using this upload guide produces a duplicate
> template entry on the website)

To make it clear: There also seems to be no way for deleting a template
one has uploaded... (Yes, I am logged in)

Re: How to update a template published on templates.openoffice.org

Posted by Michael Fiedler <mi...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Peter Hillier-Brook <ph...@hbsys.plus.com>.