Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by macdoug1 <ma...@swbell.net> on 2007/03/30 06:15:31 UTC

How to use sqlMaps when passing just a string value?

I'm trying to pass an update function a string value to use in my sqlMap as
the value to my where clause.
update("updateCell", cellid)

<update id="updateCell" resultMap="result">
   update tablename set columnname = #value# where columnname = 3
</update>

I'm also trying to do the same thing with a delete and an insert. Any idea
on how the value that is passed into cellid gets into the #value#? I can't
seem to figure it out.

Re: How to use sqlMaps when passing just a string value?

Posted by Nathan Maves <na...@gmail.com>.
Koka is correct.  You also should not try to specify a resultmap for
inserts/updates/deletes

Posted by Koka Kiknadze <22...@gmail.com>.
<update id="updateCell" parameterClass='String'>