Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Goetze <ch...@sensage.com> on 2006/12/05 19:18:54 UTC

Projects with empty modules

Maybe a JIRA issue...

I've been setting up a project framework with no code in the modules
yet, but with dependencies, and I notice that running mvn from the top
causes the empty module to be skipped and subsequent dependency
failures, but running mvn from within the empty project will cause an
empty jar file to be created, available for dependency resolution in a
subsequent build from the top.

Obviously, the solution is to put at least one stub class into every
module, but I do wonder why the reactor build behaves differently than
the module build...
--
cg

Re: Projects with empty modules

Posted by Christian Goetze <ch...@sensage.com>.
Christian Goetze wrote:

> Maybe a JIRA issue...
>
> I've been setting up a project framework with no code in the modules
> yet, but with dependencies, and I notice that running mvn from the top
> causes the empty module to be skipped and subsequent dependency
> failures, but running mvn from within the empty project will cause an
> empty jar file to be created, available for dependency resolution in a
> subsequent build from the top.
>
> Obviously, the solution is to put at least one stub class into every
> module, but I do wonder why the reactor build behaves differently than
> the module build...

Well, turns out that doesn't fix the problem. Something is causing it to
not install. How would I go about debugging this? "mvn -e" doesn't say
anything useful... I see it actually building the jar, but for some
reason it isn't installing it...
--
cg