Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Abhishek Girish <ab...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/01 02:08:31 UTC

Re: Error Open Json File with SELECT * FROM LIMIT 100

Looks like the JSON has some schema changes across records. Turning on JSON
all text mode should help.

set `store.json.all_text_mode` = true;

Refer to https://drill.apache.org/docs/json-data-model/#data-type-mapping

-Abhishek

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hello Paolo,

I realized you are accessing the file via Drill Explorer. I tried accessing
the sample data you shared via Sqlline and it worked. The "set" command
only sets the option for that session. I'm not sure if there is a way to
set session options in Drill Explorer. You could try setting it at system
level and check if it works.

alter system set `store.json.all_text_mode` = true;

Regards,
Abhishek