Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2001/08/24 11:41:38 UTC

ajp12/ajp13 (was Re: AW: LoadTest)

Hi Matthew,

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Matthew Langham wrote:

> Quick question for those of you using Apache+Tomcat: ajp13 or ajp12? From
> what I have read ajp13 is faster - is this your experience as well and are
> there any "gotchas"?

	We've been using ajp12 for the past year, without problems. We only
	had one issue where if tomcat crashed, httpd would race and try to
	take over the system. This was fixed a while back though.

	Recently we've upgraded to ajp13 as we read the same fokelore. So far
	everything has been fine with that too. What are you guys using ?

	Anyone have experience/comments about the webapp module in tomcat 4 ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:

Re: ajp12/ajp13 (was Re: AW: LoadTest)

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
I had all kinds of problems trying to use the webapp module for tomcat 4, from
compilation hell up to a thrashing system, with race condition-caused httpd
process deaths. I happily switched to mod_proxy for apache, taking the
opportunity to cache results at the same time.

Re: AW: ajp12/ajp13 (was Re: AW: LoadTest)

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi,

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Matthew Langham wrote:

> 	We've been using ajp12 for the past year, without problems. We only
> 	had one issue where if tomcat crashed, httpd would race and try to
> 	take over the system. This was fixed a while back though.
> <<
> We saw that happen on Linux boxes.

	We've had it on Sun systems too.

> 	Recently we've upgraded to ajp13 as we read the same fokelore. So far
> 	everything has been fine with that too. What are you guys using ?
> <<
> We are using ajp12 at the moment. Is using ajp13 a significant gain?

	We haven't noticed any yet, but our machines weren't under that much
	stress before we changed anyway.

	Cheers,

	M.

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany