Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2007/10/31 19:58:34 UTC

Automatic Backorders?

I am trying figure out how to have a backorder generated automatically.  I
have tried various store settings and can't get anything to happen.  I am
expecting a Requirement (maybe that's wrong?) to be generated when I sell an
item not in stock.

I searched Naggle for "backorder" and found nothing on this topic (other
than discussions on how to improve it).

I am hoping somone will respond so I don't have to dig through the source
code again.

Skip

Re: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Skip:
I am converting what I did to using SECAS.
i will be putting this in the Jiras I have
welcome any input on there use.
is the main one.

skip@theDevers sent the following on 10/31/2007 2:20 PM:

Re: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
in checkInventoryAvailability
                dispatcher.runAsync("sendOrderBackorderNotification",
UtilMisc.toMap("orderId", orderId, "userLogin", userLogin));

is where I put code to call CheckPO's
Now in dropship the POs are generated based on the order so the vendor
may get a PO for one item to drop ship to a customer.
for local inventory it is a seperate process that is closer to MRP.
the PO's are then send the SendPOtoVendor.
where the PO is formated per that particular vendor specificatiions and
sent to them.
then could be via web scrapping, FTP, Email, EDI.

hope to have this all submitted soon

RE: Automatic Backorders?

RE: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Scott

Thanks, I'll check this out.  I noticed that checkInventoryAvailability() is
being run as a sandbox job and I have three entries about two hours apart in
the log saying the job was run.

Skip

Re: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: Postal Address Validation

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
thanks have added this to the comments

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/3/2007 3:10 PM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I live in a motorcoach. have since 89
Since I move a lot, no knows where to drop in on me..
LOL
but my reason for not being a committer is not time,but that I have to
make public information I prefer to keep private
so as long as submitting to the jira works, that is what I will do.
I will test before sending.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/3/2007 3:59 PM:

Posted by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
"(I'm alone at home this week, and I fell like I'm drowned)"
Gads, me too!  It sucks!

Skip

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
De : "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
don't plan to go that far. LOL
thanks

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
BJ,

De : "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
BJ

I don't think you need to have them assigned.  I have been fixing issues and
just attaching patch files and they have been handled.

Skip

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

De : "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>

Postal Address Validation

Re: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
also have a look at getSuppliersForProduct

skip@theDevers sent the following on 11/1/2007 11:28 AM:

Nothing to do with Ofbiz

Posted by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
This has nothing to do with Ofbiz.  But, I just got this email from out of
the blue from someone I never heard of and I thought it was so good that I
would share it.

"There is a calmness to a life lived in Gratitude, a quiet joy.  Your friend
is that man who knows all about you, and still likes you."

PaymentApplication Confusion

Posted by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
I was just checking out the effects of creating a store credit on a billing
account and found that the action ends up creating one Payment and two
PaymentApplications the sum of which is double the Payment amount.  I always
thought that the SUM of PaymentApplications for a Payment should equal the
Payment amount.

Can someone comment on this?

Skip

Re: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Skip,

skip@theDevers wrote:
> Thanks BJ, I'll have a look at this all.  I agree about the multiple
> suppliers.  I am writing a more complicated automated purchasing app partly
> because of this (different supplier prices, different shipping times,
> minimum order quantities, etc.).  However, I also want to produce something
> stupid that can be run to just fill backorders from the prefered supplier so
> rush orders with backorders on them can get handled by someone without
> in-depth purchasing knowledge.

you may want to try to set the requirementMethodEnumId field in the
Product entity (or ProductStore): there is a drop-down field for this in
the Edit Product screen.
There are many options, I'd suggest "When QOH reaches..."

All the ("product") requirements created in the system are automatically
associated to the main supplier (there is a field to mark the main
supplier in the SupplierProduct entity).

Jacopo

RE: Automatic Backorders?

here is the code in checkInventoryAvailability

            List exprs = UtilMisc.toList(new

Re: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
here is the code in checkInventoryAvailability

            List exprs = UtilMisc.toList(new

RE: Automatic Backorders?

Re: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

RE: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Yep, I have checkInventory and reserveInventory = "Y".  I was using the OOTB
demo data and this is the default for the web store.  I also tried setting
requireInventory = "Y", but then I couldnt sell it.  I tried isDemoStore="N"
but that didn't make any difference.

I am thinking that there is a setting somewhere else that might affect this.

The checkInventoryAvailability() service is exactly what is needed.  Gonna
see if I can track down how it gets called.

Skip

Re: Automatic Backorders?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
been a while