Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joao Araujo <jo...@wireless-networks.com> on 2004/03/02 23:46:26 UTC

Error when starting tomcat ListenerNotFoundException

Hi,

       I've installed tomcat many times without problems. Unfortunately,
       after I downloaded the last version of tomcat 5.0.19 the
following error is driving me crazy:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/management/ListenerNotFoundException
    at
javax.management.MBeanServerDelegate.<init>(MBeanServerDelegate.java:65)
    at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanServerDelegateImpl.<init>(MBeanServerDelegateImpl.java:93)
    at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.newMBeanServerDelegate(JmxMBeanServer.java:1356)
    at
javax.management.MBeanServerBuilder.newMBeanServerDelegate(MBeanServerBuilder.java:61)
    at
javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.newMBeanServer(MBeanServerFactory.java:316)
    at
javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer(MBeanServerFactory.java:227)
    at
javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer(MBeanServerFactory.java:188)

       Can anyone help me with this?

       BTW, the same problem also happens  with version 4.1.30

       Environment.
           RedHat 9.0
           j2sdk  1.4.02

       Thanks in advance.