Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk> on 2011/07/12 23:12:47 UTC

Lenya Meeting 2011

Hi Devs,

I guess no one has really had much time to think about or discuss a
meeting for this year.

I can offer a venue and free accommodation in Royal Leamington Spa to
host a meeting.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=leamington+spa&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.711786,39.155273&z=13

Maybe very short notice, but I propose the last week of August.

I think it would be good to get together and discuss the possibilities
of Cocoon 3...

Regards

Vik

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.
>  Should we have a two or three days meeting ?
I can manage two days, will update the wiki page accordingly.

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by Rudolf Korhummel <ru...@korhummel.de>.

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
No other interested in ?

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.
I have created a wiki page here with the suggestions so far:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/Meeting2011

Could everyone put their names next to the when/where that suits them
the most?

Thanks

Vik

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
@Thorsten : barcamp is on the 8th, but maybe it will be cool to see us
more than one day. Do you think we can have a room for 1/2 another
meeting days ?

@Vik : free accomodation is really a good deal, sadly I can't attend.

@Rudolf : Freiburg was so nice last time ! I can't resist! :) (but will
be really hard as I come back from states just few days before).

++

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com>.
BTW http://barcampspain.com/ if somebody is interesting to go "south to
the border" ;)

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by ru...@uniklinik-freiburg.de.
Hi all,

Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk> schrieb am 13.07.2011 21:19:51:

> Betreff: Re: Lenya Meeting 2011
>
> All,
>
> Looks like the August option is difficult for almost everyone.
>
> Perhaps we can consider different dates and locations if that is better.
> Suggestions?

What about a meeting in Freiburg between the 28. and 30. September?
Room and building can be seen here:
http://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/schulungszentrum/live/intern.html
( It's the same as in 2008. )

Unfortunately we are not able to offer free accomodation, but there are
many hotels around and this one:
http://freiburger-hostel.de is just over the way of the meeting location.

Regards

Rudolf

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by Rudolf Korhummel <ru...@korhummel.de>.
Hi Vik,

Am 12.07.2011 um 23:12 schrieb Vik Tara:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I guess no one has really had much time to think about or discuss a
> meeting for this year.
>
> I can offer a venue and free accommodation in Royal Leamington Spa
> to host a meeting.
> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=leamington+spa&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.711786,39.155273&z=13
>
> Maybe very short notice, but I propose the last week of August.

I'm very interested in a Lenya meeting and  I can admit in this week.
Any other date or location later would also be fine for me.

Best

Rudolf

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 22:12 +0100, Vik Tara wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I guess no one has really had much time to think about or discuss a
> meeting for this year.
>
> I can offer a venue and free accommodation in Royal Leamington Spa to
> host a meeting.
> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=leamington+spa&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.711786,39.155273&z=13
>
> Maybe very short notice, but I propose the last week of August.

It would be very nice to have again a lenya meeting. I think I could
make it if there is interest to do it in the UK.

> I think it would be good to get together and discuss the possibilities
> of Cocoon 3...

I just wrote a mail to cocoon regarding c3. For lenya to be based on c3
we as community would need to migrate a couple of components to use c3.
Further using c3 we would need to completely review our architecture and
do a complete rewrite of all our avalon based components.

salu2

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@gmx.net>.
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 at 22:12 +0100, Vik Tara wrote:

 > Hi Devs,
 >
 > I guess no one has really had much time to think about or discuss a meeting
 > for this year.
 >
 > I can offer a venue and free accommodation in Royal Leamington Spa to host a
 > meeting.
 > http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=leamington+spa&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.711786,39.155273&z=13
 >
 > Maybe very short notice, but I propose the last week of August.

I'm interested, but I cannot make it in August.  First week of September might
be possible, but I'm not sure yet - so don't decide on another date on my
account.

 Thanks and Regards,
   Rainer

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On 07/12/2011 04:12 PM, Vik Tara wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I guess no one has really had much time to think about or discuss a
> meeting for this year.
>
> I can offer a venue and free accommodation in Royal Leamington Spa to
> host a meeting.
> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=leamington+spa&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.711786,39.155273&z=13
>

> Maybe very short notice, but I propose the last week of August.
>
> I think it would be good to get together and discuss the possibilities
> of Cocoon 3...
>
> Regards

That is enticing. However, I don't think I can make it. I just got back
from a motorcycle trip to the west coast, and am buying a house on
Friday. Funds are a little low at the moment.

But by all means, go ahead and meet. I'll watch airfare to see if any
great deals come up.

Re: Lenya Meeting 2011

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Hi,

First, all my excuse for not follow the first proposal I done... a piece
of unpredictable, a lot of work and the so fast going time...

Thanks for you proposal Vik, but unfortunately I can't manage nothing
between the 10th august and 25th September... :(

Many good possibilities have to be discuss and code, and I would love to
attend such a meeting.

Cheers.