Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr> on 2021/09/20 08:13:04 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Do we start the R18 publish process ?

The main is on the title :)

At this time some issue are always present [1], so we have to decide
whether to launch and move them to the next.

My feeling is after some time on it, we can go ahead and keep their fix
for the next when it would be possible.

Nicolas

--
logoNrd <https://nereide.fr/>
	Nicolas Malin

Apache OFBiz <http://ofbiz.apache.org/>|The Apache Way
<http://theapacheway.com/>|réseau LE <http://www.libre-entreprise.org/>

Re: [DISCUSSION] Do we start the R18 publish process ?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jacopo

Posted by Gil Portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
+1

Thanks,

Gil

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello

On 12/10/2021 13:25, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should we not introduce the notion of LTS* for releases (and not LTS
> for some releases)? It's now used for long by softwares like Ubuntu,
> and even by Apache projects like Camel, CloudStack and others. What do
> you think?

This idea is attractive, but I have a doubt if for the automation
framework and with the team size it's not a task too large.

If we analyze, between the branch stabilization and the potential end
life for the 17.12 we have 4 years, so if we keep a publication each 2
or 3 years, It's enough time for development team to update their
plugins and specific.

Nicolas

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
:) Thanks Jacopo

Nicolas

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
My thinks, Lets rock !

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
I guess it is still ongoing.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Heyho,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Nice, thanks for your return.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Nicolas,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Michael,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Nicolas, all,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Nicolas,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Michael,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Michael,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Nicolas,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
I finished to review all task identify as available to merge before
release the 18.12.

From my part test integration suite is ok with plugin, so I think we are

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1