Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by James Steele <js...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/08 16:02:38 UTC

Kubernetes Dashboard Access

Hi all,  we have set up the Kubernetes service inside CloudStack as per:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/plugins/cloudstack-kubernetes-service.html#enabling-the-kubernetes-service

It all looks fine and set up correctly (things are Green), but how do we
access the Kubernetes Dashboard?

The Kubernetes 'Access' tab for the Kubernetes Cluster says:

*'Kubernetes Dashboard UI'*

*Run proxy locally:*

*kubectl --kubeconfig /custom/path/kube.conf proxy*

*Open URL in browser:*

*http://localhost:8001/api/v1/namespaces/kubernetes-dashboard/services/https:kubernetes-dashboard:/proxy/
<http://localhost:8001/api/v1/namespaces/kubernetes-dashboard/services/https:kubernetes-dashboard:/proxy/>*

*Token for dashboard login can be retrieved using following command:*

*kubectl --kubeconfig /custom/path/kube.conf describe secret $(kubectl
--kubeconfig /custom/path/kube.conf get secrets -n kubernetes-dashboard |
grep kubernetes-dashboard-token | awk '{print $1}') -n kubernetes-dashboard*

I have downloaded the config and access token, however CS is setup on
Ubuntu Server 20.04, with no GUI or web browser.

Any ideas how to remotely load the web Kubernetes Dashboard from another
machine?

Thanks, Jim

Re: Kubernetes Dashboard Access

Posted by Edward St Pierre <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Typically you would run the proxy from your local machine with a web
browser.

And then open the URL specified on your browser.

Ed