Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by bari <ba...@sonicbox.com> on 2000/12/13 20:09:10 UTC

Which is good mailing list for perl developers.

Hi there,
i wonder if any one knows which is a good mailing list for perl developer to
ask questions. i have a question that how do i represent the contents of two
dimensional array in CSV in perl. And i know this is a modperl mailing list.
i jsut wanted to know a good mailing list for perl developers.

                      Thank You,

- Bari

Re: Which is good mailing list for perl developers.

Posted by "Alexander Farber (EED)" <ee...@eed.ericsson.se>.

http://listserv.ActiveState.com/pipermail/perl-win32-users/

[OT] Re: Which is good mailing list for perl developers.

Posted by Jeremy Howard <jh...@fastmail.fm>.
John Michael Soileau wrote:
> Excuse me if I make an error.  This is my first post to this list and not
> sure how it all fits together exactly.   I just joined the news perl list
> you selected to have a look at it and now wonder why you don't put this
> mailing list in the same type of setup.  There may be a way to do it that
> don't know about and if there is, info greatly appreciated.  Anyway,  It
is
> very tough keeping up with all of the emails and subjects.  I now see that
> should have joined with an email address created just for this list so
that
> I could filter it to a folder somewhere.
> Anyway, why doesn't someone put this list on a news feeder.  It would be
> much easier to maintain from a users point of view.

Setting up a Usenet group is quite a lot of work, and the mod_perl list may
not be high enough volume to justify it.

Using Procmail or Sieve makes it easy to work with mailing lists. Create a
folder for each list, and then create a rule where any message with to/cc
containing 'modperl@apache.org' is moved to that folder.

Re: Which is good mailing list for perl developers.

Posted by John Michael Soileau <jo...@acadiacom.net>.
Excuse me if I make an error.  This is my first post to this list and not
sure how it all fits together exactly.   I just joined the news perl list
you selected to have a look at it and now wonder why you don't put this
mailing list in the same type of setup.  There may be a way to do it that I
don't know about and if there is, info greatly appreciated.  Anyway,  It is
very tough keeping up with all of the emails and subjects.  I now see that I
should have joined with an email address created just for this list so that
I could filter it to a folder somewhere.
Anyway, why doesn't someone put this list on a news feeder.  It would be
much easier to maintain from a users point of view.
John M

Posted by Jeremy Howard <jh...@fastmail.fm>.

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, bari wrote:

> Hi there,
> i wonder if any one knows which is a good mailing list for perl developer to
> ask questions. i have a question that how do i represent the contents of two
> dimensional array in CSV in perl. And i know this is a modperl mailing list.
> i jsut wanted to know a good mailing list for perl developers.

It seems pretty dead, but there are still subscribers, on
perl-friends@perlsupport.com. Send a mail to
asked there have been answered pretty well.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **
     \\//
     //\\
    //  \\

Re: Which is good mailing list for perl developers.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, bari wrote:

> Hi there,
> i wonder if any one knows which is a good mailing list for perl developer to
> ask questions. i have a question that how do i represent the contents of two
> dimensional array in CSV in perl. And i know this is a modperl mailing list.
> i jsut wanted to know a good mailing list for perl developers.

You should try http://perlmonks.org/ -- I don't know how good they are,
but why don't you give a try.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/