Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Wouter Heijke <wo...@finalist.com> on 2003/05/26 13:51:54 UTC

missing 'JSPPortletControl'?

I'm new to jetspeed and trying to use it for a portal demo.
Since we use only JSP's for our client i decided to skip the velocity
templates in jetspeed but it seems this not entirely possible. Still some
'core' velocity controls and controllers are needed to build a portal, i'm
missing an 'JSPPortletControl'...
So my question, is there one planned or am i simply missing something? I'm
trying to avoid writing one since i guess there will be something out
there..

Thanks,

Wouter

RE: missing 'JSPPortletControl'?

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
It just happens that Jetspeed controls and controllers are implemented using
Velocity.On my long list of todo's, there's a task to refactor the
controller and control classes so they can be either Velocity or JSP or
other template system based (using approach similar to MVC Portlet). Unless
you want to create custom controls and/or controllers, I wouldn't bother
writing anything. And it is very simple to use Velocity to do the task.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/