Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/07 10:44:40 UTC

ROOT.xml and META-INF/context.xml

Hello,

I am testing CookieProcessor for SameSite stuff.

In my dev environment,  I use ROOT.xml with

<Context reloadable="false" docBase="/home/me/project/webapp"
workDir="/home/me/project/work" />

I have a context.xml file in META-INF but it seems to ignore it. When I
deploy via a war it is picked up OK.

webapp/META-INF/context.xml

webapp/WEB-INF/.....

Is this normal logic?

Cheers Greg

Re: ROOT.xml and META-INF/context.xml

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks.

Some older mobiles don't like samesite, and the CookieProcessor seems to
mess with all the cookies.  JSESSIONID is the last cookie I need to add
the samesite attribute, is there another way to set it, for example in a
filter where I can check the useragent?

Cheers Greg

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 07/11/2021 10:44, Greg Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am testing CookieProcessor for SameSite stuff.
>
> In my dev environment,  I use ROOT.xml with
>
> <Context reloadable="false" docBase="/home/me/project/webapp"
> workDir="/home/me/project/work" />
>
> I have a context.xml file in META-INF but it seems to ignore it. When I
> deploy via a war it is picked up OK.

A web application can only have one context.xml file. If you have
deployed it via a $CATALINA_BASE/conf/<engine/<host>/ROOT.xml then any
context.xml file in the application will be ignored.

When you deploy via a WAR, the context.xml will be used (and may be
extracted).

> webapp/META-INF/context.xml
>
> webapp/WEB-INF/.....
>

> Is this normal logic?