Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@sc.com> on 2004/11/15 16:46:36 UTC

Propose we make DIO functions generate Tcl errors on hard SQL errors

Hey Guys...

I propose that we make DIO error out when, for example, Postgres'
pg_result  -status returns PGRES_FATAL_ERROR.

These are conditions like SQL syntax errors, relation does not exist,
etc.  Not stuff you generally just want a 0 or 1 status for (think DIO
store).

(Did we have this conversation already?)

Alternatively we can add a switch to the object to say whether they do
or not, but I would prefer to have Postgres errors generating Tcl
errors on by default.

Your thoughts?

Karl