Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Guillermo Ortiz <ko...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/10 17:52:05 UTC

Load Balancing.

Hi,

I want to use the load balancer in Flume. After reading Flume documentation
about loading balancing I think that it's not really load balacing, if I
understood well, when a sink fail, it chooses a new sink with ronud-robin
or in a random way. But it doesn't distributed on this way all the time
among the differents sink.

Is there any possiblity of distributed the load among all the sinks?
Because if I undertood well, the load balancing option doesn't do it.

Re: Load Balancing.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Source code is best bet. A little more detail is part of the book
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030348.do, see chapter 6, Sink
Groups and Sink Processor section

Re: Load Balancing.

Posted by Guillermo Ortiz <ko...@gmail.com>.