Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2011/04/29 11:29:28 UTC

ApacheCON NA 2011 CFP: deadline today!

Hi all,

I almost missed it but suddenly realized I haven't seen any feedback anymore
about presenting Rave at the ApacheCON NA 2011 (Vancouver) later this year.

As the CFP deadline end *today* (midnight Pacific Time), I want to check if
anyone did send in a proposal.
I remember Matt chiming in before indicating he was willing to come up with
something?

Assuming nobody has send in anything yet, I think we maybe could propose two
separate talks:

a) Rave Overview and Role (high-level/non-technical):
    history
    community
    goals
    future

b) Rave Technical:
   background (e.g. originating projects, current usages/examples)
   architecture
   features (small demos)
   goals (functional and technical)
   roadmap
   final grant demo

Assuming Matt or others might be interested and might have a preference for the
technical talk, I'm inclined to pitch for the first one and write up a proposal
for that today. But if someone else has a preference to pick that one up just
let me know.

I only want to make sure we're covering both (type of) talks, so if nobody else
can or want to jump in, I'm even willing to send in proposals for both.

Please chime in ASAP *today* if/when you are willing to participate in this, or
already did :)

Regards,

Ate

Re: ApacheCON NA 2011 CFP: deadline today!

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 04/29/2011 01:03 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 29/04/2011 10:29, Ate Douma wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I almost missed it but suddenly realized I haven't seen any feedback
>> anymore about presenting Rave at the ApacheCON NA 2011 (Vancouver) later
>> this year.
>>
>> As the CFP deadline end *today* (midnight Pacific Time), I want to check
>> if anyone did send in a proposal.
>> I remember Matt chiming in before indicating he was willing to come up
>> with something?
>
> I've submitted a revised version of a talk we did last year on Wookie. This time
> it will include Rave info too, but it won't be about Rave. I'd certainly be
> using Rave as an example platform.
>
>> Assuming nobody has send in anything yet, I think we maybe could propose
>> two separate talks:
>
> +1 to both.

Matt, Marlon and myself just had a short skype call discussing how to proceed.
We'll work together on such two proposals the remainder of the day.

> I've submitted three talks and a training so I'm not keen to take on anything
> more ;-)
>
> Ate, I'd like to do a Meetup too. This year I'd like to make it more about
> community building around widgets/gadgets projects. We can discuss this at a
> later date.
Sure, good idea indeed.

I noticed we now can "submit" a Meetup proposal as well (which is new AFAIK).
But I'm not worried about a deadline for those, I don't expect it to be a
problem to propose a Meeting later than today.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 29/04/2011 10:29, Ate Douma wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I almost missed it but suddenly realized I haven't seen any feedback
> anymore about presenting Rave at the ApacheCON NA 2011 (Vancouver) later
> this year.
>
> As the CFP deadline end *today* (midnight Pacific Time), I want to check
> if anyone did send in a proposal.
> I remember Matt chiming in before indicating he was willing to come up
> with something?

I've submitted a revised version of a talk we did last year on Wookie.
This time it will include Rave info too, but it won't be about Rave. I'd
certainly be using Rave as an example platform.

> Assuming nobody has send in anything yet, I think we maybe could propose
> two separate talks:

+1 to both.