Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/05 10:53:02 UTC

A little bit of organization

Hi Alex, hi guys,

What about a little bit box moving ? We are working on the new dynamic
schema, and I just find the actual packages little bit too simple. I would
like to organize it a little bit differently, like :

o.a.d.server.core.schema.meta for the meta schema
o.a.d.server.core.schema.matchingrule for matching rules
o.a.d.server.core.schema.comparator for comparators
o.a.d.server.core.schema.normalizer for normalizers
o.a.d.server.core.schema.syntax for syntax checkers

or something like that. wdyt? May be you have better ideas, I just popped
this out of my head while I was under my shower this mornoing, so it's just
a draft.

Thanks !

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: A little bit of organization

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Hey Guys,

Speaking of class loading.

I'm thinking about having the JPackage plugin generate
the class loaders.

So for instance apacheds-server-main would have it's
own classloader that loads all the classes
in the jar that this artifact corresponds to.

Each ApacheDS maven project that has its packaging set
to jar
and contains java files in that jar would have a
corresponding
maven class loader project that is automatically
created by the
JPackage RPM packaging project.

Does that sound ok?

Cheers,
- Ole

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Re: A little bit of organization

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

> Hey,
>
> Yeah I used to have it that way a few years ago as a matter of fact.
> However there was not much there then so I consolidated.
>
> Perhaps it's time to break things apart again.  However what's the
> motive for the package reorganization?

Well, I just started to write some more syntaxChecker (as we need some
of them for the metaSchema), and as we have something like 30 SC to
implement (as of RFC 4517), I just think they deserve a specific
package, because we will also have around 30 normalizers, and 30
comparators, so around 100 java files in the same package seems to me a
little bit too much.

However, I also think we must discuss that a little bit further, because
we might want to allow ADS administrators to add their own syntax
checkers, which will induce some different packaging.

Emmanuel

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.