Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Yasushi Okubo <ya...@cabm.rutgers.edu> on 2006/05/19 21:12:15 UTC

[Fwd: Question for how to setup tomcat realm with jsf/tiles]

Hi experts

I switched from commandLink to outputLink, then it started getting a
login popup windows as it was supposed to do so.
Then, when a user successfully logged in and accessed the page
[/maintanance/index.html], got 403 access denied error  from tomcat.

Could someone advsie me what could be wrong here ?
When I remove <url-pattern> element from web.xml, it works fine.

Thanks,
yasushi

== outputLink ==
 <h:outputLink  value="maintenance/index.html" title="#{msgs.maintenance}" >
                <h:outputText value="#{msgs.maintenance}" />
 </h:outputLink>

== web.xml ==
 <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>
        Maintenance Tools
      </web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/maintenance/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>memeber</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>
  <!-- Define the Login Configuration for this Application -->
  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>Members-only Area</realm-name>
  </login-config>

    <!-- Security roles referenced by this web application -->
  <security-role>
    <description>
      The role that is required to log in to the Admin Application
    </description>
    <role-name>member</role-name>
  </security-role>