Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "G. Todd Miller - XML Tech Ctr - Development" <Gl...@Sun.COM> on 2002/08/02 21:01:58 UTC

XSLTC - Full Support for External Java Functions

FYI:

  XSLTC update: The latest XSLTC now supports non-static external
  java functions.  Previously we only supported calling static
  java functions.  For more information check out the constraits
  document at: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_constraints.html#xsltcconf

Thanks.

G. Todd Miller                        Sun Microsystems Computer Company
Software Systems Engineer             2 Network Drive, MS UBUR02-201
GE&IS XML Tech Center                 Burlington, MA 01803-0903
                                      781 442-0176
                                      781 442-1437 (fax)
                                      glenn.miller@sun.com

Re: XSLTC - Full Support for External Java Functions

Posted by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM>.
John,

I was out on vacation. Doesn't look like anyone responded.
XSLTC does not support SQL extensions at this time. Future
work on integrating XSLTC with Xalan may add such support.

Here is a quote from an email sent by Morris Kwan on the
effort to integrate Xalan's extensions with XSLTC.

> 4. SQL extension
> We cannot reuse the SQL extension in XSLTC at the moment. SQL extension
> makes use of the DTMManager object. The translet does not have access to
> this object at runtime right now. I think this will change after the
> XSLTC_DTM integration. From my discussion with Henry, I have a reason to
> believe that after the DTM integration the translet will be able to access
> the DTMManager and thus the current SQL extension code can be reused in
> XSLTC.

Tom

Posted by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM>.
John,

I was out on vacation. Doesn't look like anyone responded.
XSLTC does not support SQL extensions at this time. Future
work on integrating XSLTC with Xalan may add such support.

Here is a quote from an email sent by Morris Kwan on the
effort to integrate Xalan's extensions with XSLTC.

> 4. SQL extension
> We cannot reuse the SQL extension in XSLTC at the moment. SQL extension
> makes use of the DTMManager object. The translet does not have access to
> this object at runtime right now. I think this will change after the
> XSLTC_DTM integration. From my discussion with Henry, I have a reason to
> believe that after the DTM integration the translet will be able to access
> the DTMManager and thus the current SQL extension code can be reused in
> XSLTC.

Tom

Posted by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM>.
John,

I was out on vacation. Doesn't look like anyone responded.
XSLTC does not support SQL extensions at this time. Future
work on integrating XSLTC with Xalan may add such support.

Here is a quote from an email sent by Morris Kwan on the
effort to integrate Xalan's extensions with XSLTC.

> 4. SQL extension
> We cannot reuse the SQL extension in XSLTC at the moment. SQL extension
> makes use of the DTMManager object. The translet does not have access to
> this object at runtime right now. I think this will change after the
> XSLTC_DTM integration. From my discussion with Henry, I have a reason to
> believe that after the DTM integration the translet will be able to access
> the DTMManager and thus the current SQL extension code can be reused in
> XSLTC.

Tom

Posted by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com>.

--
--------------------------------------
John Gentilin

    Contact Info
gentijo@eyecatching.com
Ca Office 1-510-881-4821
NJ Office 1-732-422-4917

Re: XSLTC - Full Support for External Java Functions

Posted by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com>.

--
--------------------------------------
John Gentilin

    Contact Info
gentijo@eyecatching.com
Ca Office 1-510-881-4821
NJ Office 1-732-422-4917

Re: XSLTC - Full Support for External Java Functions

Posted by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com>.

--
--------------------------------------
John Gentilin

    Contact Info
gentijo@eyecatching.com
Ca Office 1-510-881-4821
NJ Office 1-732-422-4917

Re: XSLTC - Full Support for External Java Functions

Posted by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

Note that the link

Posted by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM>.