Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by a_bouchama <ab...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 10:43:33 UTC

Integrate Log4j Nagios Appender into Karaf (SNMP)

Hello,

We want to monitor all logging messages of karaf, and push it to nagios (via
an SNMP).

Do you have any idea in order to achieve this goal ? I have found this blog
"
http://tmielke.blogspot.fr/2012/10/integrate-log4j-nagios-appender-into.html
<http://tmielke.blogspot.fr/2012/10/integrate-log4j-nagios-appender-into.html>
", whish's interessent but the push of logging messages is done via NSCA
Server.

Thanks in advance

Re: Integrate Log4j Nagios Appender into Karaf (SNMP)

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

FWIW, we also have a JMS appender implementation for Pax Logging
available in Apache ServiceMix that can log messages in Logstash
format.  Logstash in turn is capable of sending passive check results
to Nagios based on information it extracts from that logging.

Regards,

Gert

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

you can take a look on that:

http://blog.nanthrax.net/2012/12/create-custom-log4j-appender-for-karaf-and-pax-logging/

it may help.

Regards
JB

On 03/21/2013 10:43 AM, a_bouchama wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We want to monitor all logging messages of karaf, and push it to nagios (via
> an SNMP).
>
> Do you have any idea in order to achieve this goal ? I have found this blog
> "
> http://tmielke.blogspot.fr/2012/10/integrate-log4j-nagios-appender-into.html
> <http://tmielke.blogspot.fr/2012/10/integrate-log4j-nagios-appender-into.html>
> ", whish's interessent but the push of logging messages is done via NSCA
> Server.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,

Jean-Baptiste Onofré