Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@feature50.com> on 2007/10/19 19:28:12 UTC

dashboard handoff

I've finished work on integrating the dashboard functionality into the trunk
build.

I've been working to harden the code against problems; specifically to
handle cases where the ActiveMQ server is unavailable. If ActiveMQ is not
accessible, the servers will patiently wait, and are also smart enough to
not flood their logs with error messages.

I've also taken a pass through the sources clean up and document the code.

This code base is a bit different from the prior ones:

- The "producer" is now the dashboard monitor.  An initial dashboard monitor
has been copied to the testap1 server as folder
/digital/mediabank/monitor/monitor_20071019_100802.  The nightly and weekly
builds will add further copies.  The startup script is named "monitor.sh".

- The "consumer" is now integrated into the dashboard-server web
application, it is no longer a standalone server. This means that updates to
the underlying time series database files only occurs when the web
application is running (when it is not running, the data will accumulate
inside the ActiveMQ server).

Attached is a PDF of the deployment and configuration information for the
server, the documentation will also be available at
http://devsupport.mbxg.internal/dashboard-monitor after tonight's nightly
build.

The formats of the underlying RRDb files have changed slightly; you should
delete the /opt/dashboard/rrds folder before starting up the new dashboard
server. It will automatically create the necessary files.

The dashboard server WAR is distributed with the dashboard monitor.  You
will need to manually deploy the server WAR into Tomcat.  You may want to
rename it to ROOT.war.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50

Re: dashboard handoff

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Plus the dashboard is Really Cool.

Yes, this has been a pain for me that I keep doing this.  Fortunately,
notice NDA has slipped out.

Re: dashboard handoff

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: dashboard handoff