Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Lee Surprenant <lm...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/03 20:45:14 UTC

comments on website

I like the new site.  I should have mentioned these before but have
been on vacation recently...

1)There are a number of problems with the java projects page.  The
"Running the Samples" section (and likely others) are outdated.  In
addition, the link in this section is broken.  Also, the title of each
section is actually a [bad] link (instead of an anchor?).  These
problems have existed for a long time and I opened an issue and
submitted a patch a long time ago:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-780
The added files of this patch are no longer valid, but the change to
the site.vsl still works and should be checked in.  Tell me if I'm
wrong.
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/java-projects.html

This necessary info does exists at least in part in other places (like
the wiki, http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/java_sca_overview.html,
or http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/getting_started.html)  Do we
still want this content here?

2)On the SCA download page, the windows M2 source download is labelled
"Windows Binary"
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca_downloads.html

thanks,
Lee

Re: comments on website

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
We should have updated information on the website in couple hours. I have
applied the patch for Tuscany-1025 with the new instructions on how to run
samples thanks to Simon. We are still missing Tuscany-1026, but I'll keep an
eye on that ...

Please let me know if there are still issues.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: comments on website