Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by dhiman_nikhil <ni...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/02 11:01:41 UTC

How data region is propagated to other nodes

Server level config:
Server: Node 1
CacheKey: "location"
DataRegion: "location"
persistence: true

Server: Node 2
CacheKey: "category"
DataRegion: "category"
persistence : false

Both belong to same cluster.
Since Data is partitioned across nodes when I start Node 1 and then Node 2,
will "location" region is also created in Node 2 since data will be
partitioned for CacheKey: "location"  ??

Re: How data region is propagated to other nodes

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Data regions can't be created dynamically, because it's needed to
preallocate memory. I believe that in your use case you can just create it
statically on cluster start, is there a problem with that?

Evgenii

Posted by dhiman_nikhil <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dhiman_nikhil <ni...@gmail.com>.
Can I create a data region dynamically on every node in the cluster?

Re: How data region is propagated to other nodes

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Then you can simply create 2 different data regions for all server nodes in
the cluster - one with persistence and one without. After that, you can
decide, how you want to store your key - with persistence or without.

Evgenii

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

No, Data region configuration won't be propagated to other nodes in the
cluster. DataRegion is only a local configuration, so, you have to
configure it on each node. Moreover, these the same data region on
different nodes can have different maxSize, which could be useful in case
of using NodeFilter for caches.

Best Regards,
Evgenii