Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/02/29 19:46:52 UTC

Xalan Java 2.6.0 is available

Hi everyone,

The Xalan team is pleased to announce the availability
of Xalan Java 2.6.0.

Xalan Java provides XSLT processors for transforming XML
documents into HTML, text, or other XML document types.
The Xalan Java Interpretive processor and the Xalan Java
Compiling processor implement XSL Transformations (XSLT)
Version 1.0, XML Path Language (XPath) Version 1.0, and
Java API for XML Programming (JAXP) Version 1.2.

Xalan Java 2.6.0 can be downloaded from one of the Apache
mirrors at http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/xalan-j

Updates in this release include:

* Bug fixes
  (see http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/readme.html
  for a list of bugs that have been fixed in this
  release)

* Improvement in translet initialization time.

* Addition of a translet versioning mechanism.

* Changes that allow XSLTC to use other DTM
  implementations.

* Changes in the XML Serializer.  The serializer
  will no longer put a newline after the xml header
  tag unless indent="yes".  See bugzilla 24304.

* Rename of Xalan Java's xalan:doc-cache-off processing
  instruction to xalan-doc-cache-off. This change was
  necessary due to a recent change in Xerces.  Xerces
  has started detecting the Namespace well-formedness
  rule that a processing instruction's PITarget must not
  contain a colon. The old-style PI will be accepted
  provided that the XML parser does not report is as
  an error.  See bugzilla 26217.

* Enhancement to XSLTC's URIResolvers and the general
  mechanishm to resolve relative URIs.  XSLTC is now
  compatible with Xalan Interpretive.

* Addition of a TransformThread sample that
  demonstrates how to use different transformers on
  different threads and in different modes.

* Upgrade to Xerces-Java 2.6.2

* Elimination of "enum" as a name to allow
  compilation under JDK 1.5

* Documentation updates

* Upgrade to the Apache Software License,
  Version 2.0

Regards,
Brian Minchau
XSLT Development

Re: Xalan Java 2.6.0 is available

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Santiago Pericas-Geertsen wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 19:13, Robert Koberg wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Brian Minchau wrote:
>>
>><snip/>
>>
>>>* Enhancement to XSLTC's URIResolvers and the general
>>>  mechanishm to resolve relative URIs.  XSLTC is now
>>>  compatible with Xalan Interpretive.
>>
>>Great stuff! A quick question before I try out XSLTC again:
>>
>>Does this mean that you set a URIResolver on the TransformerFactory that
>>resolves xsl:import/include and a URIResolver on the Transformer that
>>resolves the XSL document()?
>

>  Hmm. I believe that hasn't changed, only the way in which relative URIs
> are resolved. I believe you have filed this as a bug before, right? I
> need to look it up. Sorry we didn't address this in 2.6.0.

Yes. In a nutshell, the problem is that you cannot switch back and forth
between Xalan standard and Xalan XSTLC if you set a resolver on both the
TransformerFactory and Transformer. Xalan standard works as expected,
but XSLTC only allows you to set a resolver on the Transformer (or the
factory -- don't remember exactly).

best,
-Rob

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@Sun.COM>.