Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by H....@MI.unimaas.nl on 2004/04/11 22:01:22 UTC

Documentation TOC: info on pages wanted

Hi,

As you might know I've started composing a TOC for documentation of Cocoon
2.1.5 (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Cocoon215TOC). It's
progressing slowly, but I ran into some pages of which I wonder if they
describe random thoughts, never implemented, or actual implemented ideas
(e.g. the Wiki pagens on Blocks COB).

Can the authors of pages with thoughts, ideas and other not-implemented
stuff, mark their pages accordingly, so I don't include them in the TOC?

If you think items are missing from the TOC, please feel free to add. It
doesn't yet matter whether there is already documentation about it or not,
but please add links if you know them.

Thanks.

Bye, Helma

Re: Documentation TOC: info on pages wanted

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:

>Hi,
>
>As you might know I've started composing a TOC for documentation of Cocoon
>2.1.5 (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Cocoon215TOC). It's
>progressing slowly,

Fantastic.

>but I ran into some pages of which I wonder if they
>describe random thoughts, never implemented, or actual implemented ideas
>(e.g. the Wiki pagens on Blocks COB).

Blocks COB aren't implemented (or are starting to be in 2.2, but for
now, to users, that's academic).

>Can the authors of pages with thoughts, ideas and other not-implemented
>stuff, mark their pages accordingly, so I don't include them in the TOC?

Helma, you'll never get authors to do all of that. I'd suggest you just
add a page containing info you're unsure about (or mark info on your
existing pages that isn't clear to you), then there's a small amount
that people have to do - look through a couple of pages.

For example, if I had to spend a few minutes reading through a page and
edit out the stuff I recognise as out of date, or not yet implemented,
I'd do it. If I have to go through the entire wiki, then there's no way.

Anyway, if it helps you, I've got the entire wiki on my HDD, and am in
the process of converting it to MoinMoin. If there's stuff that
shouldn't be in the migration, I'd happily scrap it. I think the wiki
could do with a spring clean. So it is just a question of identifying
which pages should be scrapped.

>If you think items are missing from the TOC, please feel free to add. It
>doesn't yet matter whether there is already documentation about it or not,
>but please add links if you know them.

I will take a peek.

Regards, Upayavira