Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/24 12:07:19 UTC

Naming inconsistency

Looks like we a have an naming inconsistency for specifying install /
configure functions across services:

HBase uses whirr.hbase.(install | configure)-function
Hadoop uses whirr.hadoop-(install | configure)-function
ZooKeeper uses whirr.zookeeper-(install | configure)-function

* Note the . (dot) versus - (dash) after service name

I suggest that we should go for:

whirr.<service>.(start | stop | install | configure)-function

and create a helper function in ClusterActionHandlerSupport for
retrieving the value.

I will address this in WHIRR-334 [1].

What do you think?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-334

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro

Re: Naming inconsistency

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
+1, and also wouldn't mind if we dropped the -function suffix.

-A

Re: Naming inconsistency

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've already done that. It will display a warning message.

Great.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Naming inconsistency