Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cyborg <kc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/09 20:25:26 UTC

clustring activeMQ question

Hi,
I'm new to activeMQ, and I guess I don't understand something.
I just started activeMQ with failover parameter in activemw.xml file,
and looks like both machines are connected.
Now, how can I test it to find out if one fails another is going to get
message?
How do I fail one queue? If I fail one how its gonna redirect message once
its failed?
thanks

Re: clustring activeMQ question

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/9/07, cyborg <kc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> if I do that, client will not be able to connect to my broker, so it will
> not know about the message
> and won't redirect. I don't get this part...
>
> client sending messages doesn't know about other brokers, right? it sends to
> one that knows,
> or it should send to all brokers???

See here...
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

the client is given a list of brokers to connect to; so it can connect
to another one if a broker fails for any reason

--

James
-------

Re: clustring activeMQ question

Posted by cyborg <kc...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/9/07, cyborg <kc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to activeMQ, and I guess I don't understand something.
> I just started activeMQ with failover parameter in activemw.xml file,
> and looks like both machines are connected.
> Now, how can I test it to find out if one fails another is going to get
> message?

Pull out a network cable? Kill a process?

> How do I fail one queue?

Queues don't fail, brokers can though.

> If I fail one how its gonna redirect message once
> its failed?

It'll send the message to the broker its reconnected to
--

James
-------