Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> on 2003/03/29 16:35:37 UTC

RE: TC error on a5

There's no reason to put servlet.jar into WEB-INF/lib.

Those are classes needed only at compile time.

In 2.4-alpha-5, the JARs you need at runtime (in WEB-INF/lib, typically) are
divided up by directory.

lib/tapestry*.jar --- Tapestry and Contrib frameworks
lib/ext/*.jar -- Required Tapestry dependencies
lib/runtime/*.jar -- Optional Tapestry dependencies (log4j.jar)

The error message is Tomcat verifying that your WAR is not trying to
override the servlet classes that IT is supposed to provide, to ensure that
there aren't conflicts.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components