Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Philippe Lavoie <ph...@cactus.ca> on 2000/01/13 17:36:04 UTC

Competition to Cocoon from Microsoft ?

Hi,

My company uses Microsoft heavilly. They love what I'm doing with Cocoon
right now. However
they want me to assure them that there is no Microsoft alternative.

I've looked at the msdn site and I was able to find a lot of stuff about XML
but nothing
that ressembles a publishing engine.

I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of something offered by Microsoft
that
ressembles Cocoon (closely or loosely). Actually, I'd be more interested to
know
that I was right and that Cocoon is just way ahead of Microsoft on that one
:)

Phil

PS I know a similar question was asked before, but the focus wasn't on
Microsoft
and in 3 months, things change a lot in this industry.

Re: Competition to Cocoon from Microsoft ?

Posted by Steve Muench <sm...@us.oracle.com>.
Besides Portal-to-Go, there's also the
free Oracle XSQL Pages and XSQL Servlet
that have been enhanced with lots of
feedback from developers. No marketing
in its vicinity if I can help it! But
like Stefano, I'm biased since I help
to develop it... :-)

Steve Muench, Consulting Product Manager & XML Evangelist
Business Components for Java Development Team
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml

Posted by brian moseley <ix...@maz.org>.

http://www.bowstreet.com

Re: Competition to Cocoon from Microsoft ?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.