Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2005/03/22 03:08:47 UTC

Tapestry tutorials (was: How to create a build.xml file?)

t.n.a. <tna <at> sharanet.org> writes:

> And a great tutorial it is: thanks, Kent! I've spent a couple of days to
> run through them and enjoyed every minute of it. I got a great feel for
> the way things get done when using tapestry.

Thanks! May I quote you?

> Btw, what's the fifth tutorial going to be about?

Actually we are developing the tutorials as the training
guide for our Tapestry training in Macau. Later, we plan
to provide it as a book. To support the community and to
get Tapestry and myself going, we plan to keep the first
several chapters free available to get anyone started.
Readers can then go to the reference materials bundled
in Tapestry or buy the book. Then we'll donate half of
the net revenue to Howard for the development of Tapestry.

The TOC of the proposed book is:
1  Getting started with Tapestry
2  Input validation
3  Creating an e-shop
4  Creating custom components
5  i18n
6  Working with the table component
7  File download and upload
8  Using a common layout
9  Using javascript
10 Building dynamic forms
11 Test driven development with htmlunit
12 Using a database and supporting concurrenct user accesses
13 Integrating with servlet, jsp and struts

Re: Tapestry tutorials

Posted by Francis Amanfo <fa...@tydex.com>.
Hi sales,

And if you could be courageous enough to reveal your name your book could
be a bestseller overnight! :-)

Rgds,

Frncs

Re: Tapestry tutorials

Posted by sales <sa...@digiatlas.net>.

Re: Tapestry tutorials

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Re: Tapestry tutorials

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: Tapestry tutorials

Posted by "t.n.a." <tn...@sharanet.org>.
Kent Tong wrote:

>>And a great tutorial it is: thanks, Kent! I've spent a couple of days to
>>run through them and enjoyed every minute of it. I got a great feel for
>>the way things get done when using tapestry.
>>
>Thanks! May I quote you?

By all means...

>Actually we are developing the tutorials as the training
>guide for our Tapestry training in Macau. Later, we plan
>to provide it as a book. To support the community and to
>[...]
How do you build up a sufficient level of knowledge to write such a
book? TIA? Experiance? Both?

t.n.a.