Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/09/14 23:25:43 UTC

Future target user (was Re: [RT] Split cocoon from forrest)

addi wrote:
> On Tuesday September 13 2005 8:53 pm, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> So anyway I am -1 on the idea but I am also honestly curious about the
> community's concept of the future target user of Forrest. And if I'm off
> the mark or misunderstanding the intent, please let me know.

This is an interesting question and one that has come up a few times.
There is no definitive answer since each dev has their own view on the
*future* target user.

I think we are all in agreement that the *current* target user is a
fairly tech savvy beast.

Personally, I see Forrest being at the core of a set of tools for end
users who are computer literate, but little more. We have some work in
this direction (and Eclipse based application for example). However,
these are a long way from being usable by non technical end users.

Ross