Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Takashi Sato <se...@lans-tv.com> on 2008/04/12 05:18:26 UTC

more than outdated translations should be removed

I think these outdated docs do more harm than good.
They should be removed.

trunk/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.de
This is still for upgrading from 2.0 to 2.2

trunk/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.ja
trunk/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.ko
trunk/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.pt-br
trunk/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.ru
These are still for upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0 !!!

trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_authz_host.xml.ja
trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_authz_host.xml.ko
mod_authz_host is completely different between trunk and 2.2.
Just the same name.

2.2.x/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.ja
2.2.x/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.ko
2.2.x/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.pt-br
2.2.x/docs/manual/upgrading.xml.ru
These are still for upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0

Re: more than outdated translations should be removed

Posted by Takashi Sato <se...@lans-tv.com>.
On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:12:03 +0100
"Vincent Bray" <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Done. Domo, Takashi san.

Thanks
How about 2.2 ?

Re: more than outdated translations should be removed

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 13/04/2008, André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:
> I'd say, kick em. The files are not useful at all (well, one use they have:
>  they show how outdated translations can get ;-)

Done. Domo, Takashi san.

--
noodl

Re: more than outdated translations should be removed

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Vincent Bray wrote:

> On 13/04/2008, André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:
> > I just took responsibility and removed the German file ;)
>
> And the others? My Russian, Korean, Portuguese & Japanese are a little
> rusty ;-)

I'd say, kick em. The files are not useful at all (well, one use they have:
they show how outdated translations can get ;-)

nd
--
print "Just Another Perl Hacker";

# André Malo, <http://pub.perlig.de/> #

Re: more than outdated translations should be removed

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Vincent Bray wrote:

> On 12/04/2008, Takashi Sato <se...@lans-tv.com> wrote:
> > I think these outdated docs do more harm than good.
> >  They should be removed.
>
> I'd prefer to see a warning that these translation are especially out
> of date but of course with nobody to update them we have nobody to
> translate the warning.
>
> I'll 'svn rm', following more votes.

I just took responsibility and removed the German file ;)

nd
--
> Rätselnd, was ein Anthroposoph mit Unterwerfung zu tun hat...
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
[...] Dieses Wort gibt so viele Stellen für einen Spelling Flame her, und
Du gönnst einem keine einzige.    -- Jean Claude und David Kastrup in dtl

Re: more than outdated translations should be removed

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 12/04/2008, Takashi Sato <se...@lans-tv.com> wrote:
> I think these outdated docs do more harm than good.
>  They should be removed.

I'd prefer to see a warning that these translation are especially out
of date but of course with nobody to update them we have nobody to
translate the warning.

I'll 'svn rm', following more votes.

+1

--
noodl

Re: more than outdated translations should be removed

Posted by Takashi Sato <se...@lans-tv.com>.
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:58:12 +0100
"Vincent Bray" <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Were there any others?

I believe that's all. Thanks again.

Re: more than outdated translations should be removed

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Vincent Bray wrote:

> André: Is the 2.2 upgrading doc in German ok?

More or less. It's not current, but not *that* bad.

nd

Re: more than outdated translations should be removed

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.