Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rakesh <rc...@groupon.com> on 2019/07/11 15:55:16 UTC

Re: Artemis leaks file descriptors

@nigro_franz, I still face the problem with 2.9.0. I'm using stomp protocol
and have set the min-large-message-size to 430080 and journal-buffer-size
remain default (490 KiB). The messages are published to a topic having large
backlog and there also exists a route or a divert from this topic to
another.

Re: Artemis leaks file descriptors

Posted by rakesh <rc...@groupon.com>.
Hi Justin, I don't know the exact way to reproduce this problem. But I've the
following trace, where it can be clearly noted that the file doesn't get
closed.

2019-07-22 00:55:46 TRACE
[org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager]
Opening large message file with message-id=88,781,015,028
2019-07-22 00:55:46 TRACE
[org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager]
Closing large message file with message-id=88,781,015,028
2019-07-22 01:02:22 TRACE
[org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager]
Opening large message file with message-id=88,781,015,028
2019-07-22 01:02:22 TRACE
[org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager]
Opening decoding context file for large message with
message-id=88,781,015,028
2019-07-22 01:02:22 TRACE
[org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager]
Closing decoding context file for large message with
message-id=88,781,015,028
2019-07-22 01:02:23 TRACE
[org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager]
Opening large message file with message-id=88,781,015,028
2019-07-22 01:02:23 TRACE
[org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager]
Closing large message file with message-id=88,781,015,028

Hope this helps.

Re: Artemis leaks file descriptors

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Can you provide steps to reproduce this behavior?

Justin