Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dominic Chambers <do...@telefonica.net> on 2003/06/26 16:06:55 UTC

request parameter documentation?

I need to learn exactly what names can be used to access the various
request parameters from the sitemap (e.g. {request:serverName} and
{requestQuery}. Sorry for not RTFM on this one, but I can't find the
info I want anywhere on the site, although others seem to know bits
about it, so it must exist.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Re: request parameter documentation?

Posted by Dominic Chambers <do...@ya.com>.
Thanks everyone for the help! It seems that the documentation in the
samples section (Cocoon | Samples | Modules), only exists in the 2.1
series of the docs.

This url may be useful to anyone who reads this mail in the future:

  http://resin.mediahost.org/cocoon/samples/modules/index.xsp.

-Dominic

Re: request parameter documentation?

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Dominic Chambers wrote:
> I need to learn exactly what names can be used to access the various
> request parameters from the sitemap (e.g. {request:serverName} and
> {requestQuery}. Sorry for not RTFM on this one, but I can't find the
> info I want anywhere on the site, although others seem to know bits
> about it, so it must exist.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

The clue is complex: "request" is a JXPath input module, it applies a
JXPath expression to the Request object.
IOW look at the JXPath docs and the Request interface in Cocoon. All
methods are available.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

AW: request parameter documentation?

Posted by Markus Heussen <he...@rheinland-online.com>.
It isn't quit a large info but take a look an this url:

http://www.cocooncenter.de/cc/documents/resources/request-params/requestpara
maction.html

Greetings,

Markus

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Look in the samples for the input modules sample.  That should have all
of the options demonstrated on one page.

HTH,
Geoff

Posted by Stephan Niedermeier <s....@logabit.com>.

I need to learn exactly what names can be used to access the various
request parameters from the sitemap (e.g. {request:serverName} and
{requestQuery}. Sorry for not RTFM on this one, but I can't find the
info I want anywhere on the site, although others seem to know bits
about it, so it must exist.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Hello,

please have a look into the J2EE API doc of the class Request or see
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FOM_request. I assume that the names
of request:xxx are corresponding to the method names of the class Request.

Regards
Stephan