Posted to user@flink.apache.org by TechnoMage <ml...@technomage.com> on 2018/11/01 23:46:03 UTC

Flink SQL questions

I am trying to get a minimal Flink SQL program going to test it out.  I have a StreamExecutionEnvironment and from that created a StreamTableEnvironment.  The docs indicate there should be a fromDataStream method to create a Table, but none appears to exist according to Eclipse.  The method registerDataStream is also missing, just registerDataSteramInternal.  The Internal suggests private API to me, so I am asking if the docs are out of date, or I am missing some library or such.  I am using Java 8.0 not Scala.

Michael Latta

Re: Flink SQL questions

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Usually, the problem occurs when users import the wrong classes. The
current class naming is a bit confusing as there are 3
StreamTableEnvironment classes. You need to choose the one that matches
your programming language. E.g.
org.apache.flink.table.api.java.StreamTableEnvironment.

Regards,
Timo

Re: Flink SQL questions

Posted by Michael Latta <ml...@technomage.com>.