Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Travis Stevens <tr...@gaiam.com> on 2008/06/03 21:21:09 UTC

git in continuum

So, I've noticed that continuum uses maven scm and the maven scm plugin
has git support.  So my goal is to do continuous integration on our git
projects.

Here is what I did:

1. downloaded the continuum trunk from svn
2. added the following to the pom.xml

      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-gitcore</artifactId>
        <version>${maven-scm.version}</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-gitexe</artifactId>
        <version>${maven-scm.version}</version>
      </dependency>

3. compiled and then ran continuum using 'mvn jetty:run'

This didn't work, and produced a fairly cryptic error message:
2008-06-03 13:16:13,101 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  -
Merging SCM results
2008-06-03 13:16:13,679 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  - Error
updating from SCM, not building

I tried to step up the logging by editing
continuum-webapp/src/main/resources/log4j.xml and then 'mvn package' on
the webapp and restarting it.  That didn't help any.

So this all was a total guess because I couldn't find any documentation
on how to reach my goal.  If anyone can point me in the right direction
by either pointing to/providing instructions on adding git support to
continuum or helping me find the actual error, I would really appreciate
it.

-Trav

Re: git in continuum

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Travis Stevens <tr...@gaiam.com>
wrote:

> Yeah, the first build worked perfectly, but subsequent builds failed
> because of the lack of update support.  I have been looking at the code
> and am planning to implement it today.  As far as implementation, I will
> basically issue two commands:
> git fetch
> git reset --hard HEAD
>
> Is there anything else that may need to be implemented, such as the
> export, list or info command for the git provider to work fully with
> continuum?

We don't use them in Continuum, but if you want to implement them, you're
welcome :)

> Also, it seems that the ScmVersion, which may come from the continuum
> "Branch/Tag" field is usually an instance of ScmTag and plain old
> ScmBranch.  Is there anyway in continuum to specify that the specified
> "Branch/Tag" is just a Branch, and not a Tag?

No, but my point of view is that a tag is a specific branch that won't be
modify

Emmanuel

Re: git in continuum

Posted by Travis Stevens <tr...@gaiam.com>.