Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2012/10/30 19:33:29 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.0.0-incubating

Hi all,

After just over a week of voting, the vote for CloudStack
4.0.0-incubating [1] *passes* with 11 PPMC/IPMC and 16 community +1
votes.

I'll be starting the IPMC release vote on the
general@incubator.apache.org list in a few minutes.  We aren't done
until the IPMC has had an opportunity to weigh in, so I'll follow up
on this thread with the results of that vote.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Votes cast:
-------------------------------------

+1 PPMC / IPMC votes (binding)
* David Nalley
* Wido den Hollander
* Edison Su
* Will Chan
* Kevin Kluge
* Alex Huang
* Jim Jagielski (mentor)
* Olivier Lamy (mentor)
* Brett Porter (mentor)
* Daniel Kulp (mentor)
* Noah Slater (mentor)

+1 Community votes (non binding)
* Abhinav Roy
* Sailaja Mada
* Rohit Yadav
* Mice Xia
* Srikanteswararao Talluri
* Chandan Purushothama
* Marcus Sorensen
* Suresh Sadhu
* Sebastien Goasguen
* Hugo Trippaers
* Charles Moulliard
* Simon Weller
* Rajesh Battala
* Gavin Lee
* Ahmad Emneina
* Prasanna Santhanam

0
none

-1
none

[1] http://markmail.org/message/otomwu2pt75n6qbn

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.0.0-incubating

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 1 November 2012 13:35, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Woot, fscking awesome. Thanks for this Chip.
> >
> > Two minor nitpicks for the next VOTE we do. Individual votes should
> include
> > a link next to them to the email in which that person voted.
>
> Sorry, but I didn't see anything like this in any other podling /
> project vote summary emails that I've looked at.  Is it a suggestion?
> Do you do it in the CouchDB project this way?

Here's an example: http://s.apache.org/ywC

I don't recall why I do this. I've always done it, since incubation.
Perhaps I read a policy document that suggested it, or perhaps the podling
I looked at at the time did it. Either way, I find it very useful. It
allows cross referencing of where the votes are coming from. It makes the
job of being the RM a tiny bit harder. But hardly anything at all really,
in the grand scheme of things. And the results are super useful.

So yes, it's a suggestion. :)

> > And links
> > should use mail-archives.a.o, and not markmail.org. That's the only way
> we
> > can be sure the links will never break.
>
> That's fair.  Many other projects / podlings are using markmail for
> links, given how easy it is to work with (vs. the ASF mail archive).

Oh dear, this is no good. I will start a thread about it. Do you have any
examples?

> However, it's a good point.  I'll be sure to use the apache.org page
> next time!

Thanks!

--
NS

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.0.0-incubating

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Woot, fscking awesome. Thanks for this Chip.

Two minor nitpicks for the next VOTE we do. Individual votes should include
a link next to them to the email in which that person voted. And links

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

IPMC voting started here:  http://markmail.org/thread/wu4lpcdk6uk6lben

Thanks for everyone's support!

-chip