Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Joachim F. Kainz" <jf...@jolira.com> on 2010/02/27 03:56:15 UTC

wicket-guicier -- Another Guice integration for Wicket

Fellow Users,

Because the retails application my team is developing is mostly
stateless, we are quite frequently have to use PageParameters. The
untyped nature of this class has let to some nasty code. To address the
issue I have thrown together wicket-guicer, which is Yet Another Guice
Integration for Wicket.

There are two main feature Wicket-Guicier supports:
     1. Use Guice constructor injection instead of member injection.
     2. Use typed parameters in the page constructor instead of
        PageParameters

Version 1.0.4 of this component is available at
http://code.google.com/p/jolira-tools/wiki/guicier?ts=1267238915&updated=guicier The source is available at http://jolira-tools.googlecode.com/svn/wicket-guicier/

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Joachim

Re: wicket-guicier -- Another Guice integration for Wicket

Posted by "Joachim F. Kainz" <jf...@jolira.com>.
Mauro,

Good point. I never tested wicket-guicier & wicket-guice together as I
use guicer as a complete replacement in my projects.

I would appreciate a patch.

Best regards,

Joachim

Posted by Mauro Ciancio <ma...@gmail.com>.
Joachim,
  I've loved it! It reduces a lot the complexity of parsing the page parameters.

  I think would be nice to show a 404 not found error (or something else) if the
parameters doesn't match with the @inject constructors.

  I see another problem. When wicket-guice injects your annotated
fields in a page,
it injects a serializable proxy so the serialization process works
pretty well even
if the injected objects aren't serializable. I've tested it and you
inject the fields
after the page construction (PageConstructor @ line 192).
But, the wicket-guice already has injected the fields (through the
onComponentInstantionListener), so you're throwing away the
serializable object. And we get the NotSerializableException.

  This could be improved. I could provide you a patch in a few day if you like.

Thanks,
Cheers.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Joachim F. Kainz <jf...@jolira.com> wrote:
> Fellow Users,
>
> Because the retails application my team is developing is mostly
> stateless, we are quite frequently have to use PageParameters. The
> untyped nature of this class has let to some nasty code. To address the
> issue I have thrown together wicket-guicer, which is Yet Another Guice
> Integration for Wicket.
>
> There are two main feature Wicket-Guicier supports:
>     1. Use Guice constructor injection instead of member injection.
>     2. Use typed parameters in the page constructor instead of
>        PageParameters
>
> Version 1.0.4 of this component is available at
> http://code.google.com/p/jolira-tools/wiki/guicier?ts=1267238915&updated=guicier The source is available at http://jolira-tools.googlecode.com/svn/wicket-guicier/
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joachim

Mauro Ciancio <maurociancio at gmail dot com>