Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2016/01/04 16:14:16 UTC

[DRAFT][REPORT] Apache VXQuery - Jan 2016

Hi,

this is a draft for the board report for January.
Is it accurate?
Should we add/clarify/reword something?

Thanks,
Till

—

Apache VXQuery implements a parallel XML Query processor.

Activity:
- Activity has slowed down - especially in December. There’s a sizable
  overlap between the committers for VXQuery and the AsterixDB podling
  and a lot of the attention has been focussed on AsterixDB recently.
- Discussions on the integration with parts of the Hadoop ecosystem
  (HDFS and YARN) still ongoing.
- The paper on VXQuery has been presented by Preston at IEEE Big
  Data 2015 in Santa Clara.

Issues:
- There are no issues that require the board's attention at this time.

PMC/Committership changes:

- Currently 10 committers and 7 PMC members in the project.
- Last PMC addition was Steven Jacobs at Fri Jul 18 2014
- Last committer addition was Steven Jacobs at Fri Jul 18 2014

Releases:

- Last release was 0.5 on Thu Mar 05 2015

Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache VXQuery - Jan 2016

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Submitted.

Posted by Michael Carey <mj...@ics.uci.edu>.
+1