Posted to user@hive.apache.org by no jihun <je...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/06 15:19:46 UTC

DAG Kill while insert into A select * from B

Hi.

I have trouble to run query

"insert into table mylog_orc_bucketing select * from mylog_orc"

*Job received Kill while in RUNNING state.Vertex killed, vertexName=Map 1,
vertexId=vertex_1459773554571_0009_10_00, diagnostics=*
* Vertex received Kill while in RUNNING state., Vertex did not succeed due
to DAG_KILL, failedTasks:0 killedTasks:145, Vertex
vertex_1459773554571_0009_10_00*
* Map 1*
*killed/failed due to:DAG_KILL*

*DAG did not succeed due to DAG_KILL. failedVertices:0 killedVertices:1*

Actually mylog_orc has 300million rows and I think my cluster may have not
enough resource(ram,cpu...).

Then I tried with small table.
"insert into table mylog_orc_bucketing select * from mylog_orc_mini"
mylog_orc_mini has 300K rows and this works well. with no fail.

So I wonder how can I find the log about deep cause of the DAG KILL of
first query? something like OOM..  which tell me what should I change or
scallout/up.

I tested this on hive 1.2 + tez0.7.

Thanks!