Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2011/10/19 19:58:42 UTC

Test of complex scripts

I tested the new version of the complex scripts functionality on one
test file with a text written in devanagari script. I used the fonts
Aparajita v.5.91, Kokila v.5.91, Mangal v.5.90, Utsaah v.5.91. I
compared it with the expected outcome and the fit was perfect.

Note that I do not have the versions of these fonts in Windows 7,
which are v.1.00. Even so, I got good results.

I do not quite remember where I got the test file from. I believed it
came from the skynav trac site, together with the expected outcome,
but I cannot find it there.

I am happy with this good result. I leave more extensive testing to
users who use devanagari natively.

Simon Pepping