Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/26 01:16:45 UTC

dispatcher fallback

Fallback seems to assume that the URL path correlates to the physical
path under xdocs and that isn't necessarily the case.  Ex. in
photogallery, localhost:8888/gallery/index.html actually comes from
xdocs/images/gallery/  A workaround is to just create an empty
directory (xdocs/gallery) containing my .fv file.  Anyone else
consider this an issue?

Thanks,
--tim

Re: dispatcher fallback

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El sáb, 25-02-2006 a las 19:16 -0500, Tim Williams escribió:
> Fallback seems to assume that the URL path correlates to the physical
> path under xdocs and that isn't necessarily the case.  Ex. in
> photogallery, localhost:8888/gallery/index.html actually comes from
> xdocs/images/gallery/  A workaround is to just create an empty
> directory (xdocs/gallery) containing my .fv file.  Anyone else
> consider this an issue?

Well, what do you mean as an issue? It is the default behavior that is
right.

This assumes that the url path is related to the path the structurer
files exit in. What you describe as workaround I consider as "right"
behavior since the dispatcher can not know about internal redirects.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"