Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by David Holden <dh...@iucr.org> on 2000/08/09 14:25:14 UTC

linux/tomcat 3.1/sun JDK 1.3 memory usage.

Hi,

 I was wondering if anyone had advice on controlling memory usage. The JVM
just keeps increasing in size.

 I use the -Xmx option in JAVACMD="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xmx15000" that
starts tomcat and this works to an extext in that applications that require
the allocation of a lot of memory give the Out of memory error, but if left
alone the JVM just gradually keeps increasing in size, this happens whether
I install my servlets or not so its not my servlets.

Is this a problem anyone else has, its seems quite a serious one since the
JVM will eventually use all the machines resources.

Am I missing somethings?

  thanks,

      Dave.