Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Mehmet - <me...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/26 07:32:29 UTC

Could not obtain block: BP2026912985 error during the HDFS query

Hi Team,

I have a problem with Hdfs query on Drill. When I run a "SHOW FILES in
root.`tmp/` ", I can list the files correctly.
Bu when I run a select query like "Select * from root.`tmp/` it throws
below error.
Notes:
- I have already checked the state of hdfs health(via dfsadmin and hdfs ui)
and there is no any corruption or block error.
- Drillbits are on the same cluster with Hadoop. So I think any network
problem is impossible.
- I have also set dfs.client.use.datanode.hostname as true (
https://stackoverflow.com/a/55290406/7894534 )

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: DATA_READ ERROR:
Could not obtain block: BP-2026912985-<namenode_ip>-
1569935018133:blk_1073842201_101390 file=/tmp/2015-summary.csv
File Path: hdfs://<drillbit_ip>:8020/tmp/2015-summary.csv
Fragment: 0:0 [Error Id: 466835bd-6512-4854-b231-eaa439eba6f2 on
<drillbit_ip>:31010]

Thank you.
--
Mehmet ERSOY

Re: Could not obtain block: BP2026912985 error during the HDFS query

Posted by Mehmet - <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't have any plan yet but I was trying it on our Dev cluster, I'm
thinking of trying it on the prod cluster as well.
Btw, you're right, as far as I see in drillbit.log and
"jars/3rdparty/hadoop-client-3.2.1.jar" folder, I have been using
hadoop-client-3.2.1.jar (My Hadoop version is 3.0-cdh6.3.3). Actually
Drill's client is higher than mine. I think there shouldn't be a problem.
What do you think?

Thank you,
BR.

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Mehmet - <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Mehmet - <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Stack Trace: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/nFvygSpcjy/
Yes DataNode port is opening and accessible and any firewall problem is
impossible because the Drill was established on the same nodes with
Cloudera cluster.
I consider there is no problem with authentication. Because I can list the
hdfs folder clearly as below:
[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.