Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Osama <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/29 10:25:00 UTC

SVN hook to show a message after commit

Hello,

      I want to write a SVN hook that should check a file committed like *.txt. If user has committed .txt file then he should receive an extra message in commit log. Like <<"abcdef.txt file committed. Plase do ... also">>.
I am trying to implement this on windows 2003 server. Can any body help here to achieve this or please send me a similar batch script which could help me.

Re: SVN hook to show a message after commit

Posted by Brad Bruce <NJ...@OptOnline.net>.
Osama wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I want to write a SVN hook that should check a file committed like *.txt. If user has committed .txt file then he should receive an extra message in commit log. Like <<"abcdef.txt file committed. Plase do ... also">>.
> I am trying to implement this on windows 2003 server. Can any body help here to achieve this or please send me a similar batch script which could help me.

Sorry, as I remember, only error messages are sent back.  The only way
to send a message back is to fail the commit.

Brad Bruce