Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/16 05:53:31 UTC

RAT status

Hi All,

Here is the status on the licensing issues reported by RAT.

Java
--------
87 files are reported by RAT. They includes the various verify.in files used
for example automation, the test profiles and the various property files.
All java source files and executables have the proper ASF header.
Looks clear to me.

Python
-----------
10 files are reported by RAT, but they are the verify.in files and the test
failure files (ex cpp_failing_0-10.txt).
IMO you don't need to add the license header to these files as they are not
documentation, code or executables.
Looks clear to me.

Ruby
---------
zero issues reported by RAT.

CPP
-------
69 files are reported by RAT. They are support files like verify.in. make
files etc..
All source and executables have the ASF header.
Looks clear to me.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: RAT status

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2008 11:53:31 pm Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Here is the status on the licensing issues reported by RAT.
>>
>> Java
>> --------
>> 87 files are reported by RAT. They includes the various verify.in files
>> used for example automation, the test profiles and the various property
>> files.
>
> Why should "various verify.in files used for example automation, the test
> profiles and the various property files" NOT have the headers?    Do any of
> them contain ANY creativity?   Are any of them generated by hand?   If so,
> they should have them.

The verify.in files are simple text files containing the expected output
for a particular example program (generated by a manually verified run).

Re: RAT status

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 15 December 2008 11:53:31 pm Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Here is the status on the licensing issues reported by RAT.
>
> Java
> --------
> 87 files are reported by RAT. They includes the various verify.in files
> used for example automation, the test profiles and the various property
> files.

Why should "various verify.in files used for example automation, the test
profiles and the various property files" NOT have the headers?    Do any of
them contain ANY creativity?   Are any of them generated by hand?   If so,
they should have them.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: RAT status

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
There are still outstanding issues within the .NET client.
I will work with Arnaud tomorrow to resolve these issues.

Regards,

Rajith.