Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Comain Chen <co...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/03 09:49:29 UTC

How to implement a time-driven use case

I am now working with struts and hibernate to implement a web site.
Unlike other use cases, One is Time-Dirve,means when a specific time
is arrived this typicial use case is triggered. Howerver I have no idea
about
how to implents this, (May be a system call back or other),can some one
give me some indication?

Thanks very much.

--
Thanks for reading
comain chen

Re: How to implement a time-driven use case

Posted by Comain Chen <co...@gmail.com>.
Oh,yes I have found my answer, and thanks for all.

Posted by Yujun Liang <yu...@acm.org>.
You may also want to take a look at

java.util.Timer
java.util.TimerTask

They are very simple.

Regards

> On 12/3/05, Comain Chen <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am now working with struts and hibernate to implement a web site.
> > Unlike other use cases, One is Time-Dirve,means when a specific time
> > is arrived this typicial use case is triggered. Howerver I have no idea
> > about
> > how to implents this, (May be a system call back or other),can some one
> > give me some indication?
>
> I haven't used it, but usually when scheduling comes up, someone
> suggests Quartz:
>
>    http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/
>
>    http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/03/10/quartz.html
>
> --
> Wendy

Yujun Liang
yujun.liang@acm.org

Re: How to implement a time-driven use case

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.