Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2009/05/20 19:25:21 UTC

m2 eclipse question

I know, I know, this may not be the list for that but the m2eclipse
mailing list bot doesn't seem to be answering subscribe requests, so
maybe I'll get lucky here.

I created a new Maven project in Eclipse, using the
maven-archetypes-quickstart archetype. I then added a dependency on
commons-net-20030805.205232.jar which was duly processed and added to
the pom file.

However, eclipse tells me I have build errors. All of these errors have
to do with unknown references to code in
commons-net-20030805.205232.jar. If I invoke a build the pom.xml, it
succeeds, but that's different than what eclipse does.

In the .classpath file is the entry
<classpathentry kind=/"con"/
path=/"org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER"//>

In the Java build path, under Maven Dependencies I do see
commons-net-20030805.205232.jar

This would appear to be all that eclipse should need to be able to find
this dependency in its build.

What am I missing?

Re: m2 eclipse question

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
Uh, never mind.  I chose the wrong commons-net version from the
repository.  The repository and m2-eclipse were doing exactly what I
told them to.  I wanted commons-net-2.0.jar, not this old 20030805 thing
which is obviously a very old date.