Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com> on 2014/07/03 03:14:18 UTC

Failing to start Management Server due to bug CLOUDSTACK-7043 on master branch

Hello,

I am hitting bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7043 . The bug appears similar to bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7005 . Can anyone aware of the root cause fix the bug on master branch,

Thank you,
Chandan.

Re: Failing to start Management Server due to bug CLOUDSTACK-7043 on master branch

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
Chandan, are you sure that this bug is the cause of the management server
startup failure? I can see that even after "Error while decrypting:
ZXc_-8u2x0AFV__uuk5y5g² MS continues loading classes/managers. The log
file you¹ve attached to the bug, shows this in the end:

2014-07-02 10:08:30,251 DEBUG [c.c.u.c.DBEncryptionUtil] (main:null) Error
while decrypting: ZXc_-8u2x0AFV__uuk5y5g
2014-07-02 10:08:40,930 INFO  [c.c.u.c.ComponentContext] (main:null)
Configuring
com.cloud.bridge.persist.dao.CloudStackAccountDaoImpl_EnhancerByCloudStack_
fa

ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ...
014-07-02 10:08:41,285 INFO  [c.c.u.c.ComponentContext] (main:null)
Starting
com.cloud.bridge.service.core.ec2.EC2Engine_EnhancerByCloudStack_1f9e3f8e
2014-07-02 10:08:41,285 INFO  [c.c.u.c.ComponentContext] (main:null)
Starting
com.cloud.bridge.service.controller.s3.ServiceProvider_EnhancerByCloudStack
_4aceda03

I don¹t see anything indicating MS startup failure in the log. Can you
please double check the error you see the last before MS server process
interrupts? And attach the log to the bug.

Encryption failure should be resolved regardless, but you also have to
debug the MS startup failure root cause.

Thanks,
Alena.

Posted by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Hello,